1.12 cycle starts

On 2017-06-09 14:01, Martin Kepplinger wrote:
> tslib 1.11 is out and being picked up. most notably, framebuffer
> rotation for ts_calibrate and ts_test_mt, as well as static builds are
> available (and already being used) now.
>
> For 1.12 I roughly have the following in mind:
>
> * continue the sdl2 graphics work. Mainly write a equally simplistic
> ts_calibrate_sdl program like ts_test_mt_sdl. Screen rotation should be
> available like framebuffer roation is now. Other than that, it can stay
> a totally simple example tool; visually not very appealing yet.

done. ts_calibrate and ts_test_mt are available and should work as
expected. Use configure --with-sdl2 to build them as SDL2 applications.
If anybody finds this useful, I'd love to have feedback.

> * generate a valid tracking-id value for type A devices in input-raw.

done but could use testing too. Hence: 1.12-rc1 is released now:
https://github.com/kergoth/tslib/releases/ for testing reference.

> * generally tidy up input-raw a bit.

nothing done at all, and in case nobody else does it, I'd only do minor
cleanup at best for 1.12.

> I hope it to be a longer cycle than they have been until now, with a
> summer break and a release not before August, if no bad regressions or
> bugs come in the way. If that sticks, libts can become 0.7.2. If really
> nothing else comes up, I might wait until the sdl branch can be merged
> and released.

I plan to release 1.12 with libts 0.7.2 at the end of august or
beginning of september.

Ginzinger electronic systems GmbH
Gewerbegebiet Pirath 16
4952 Weng im Innkreis