Setting ts_calibrate results EVIOCSABS

Hi tslib list,

Is it possible to set the ts_calibrate results into the kernel input layer
using the EVIOCSABS ioctl()? That would make the calibration instantly
available to all touchscreen input device users, independent from the tslib
library.

The problem I am facing is that I'm on X11, stuck with an old kernel (pre
of_touchscreen.c), and a Debian installation that does not package
xf86-input-tslib. The xf86-input-evdev Calibration option doesn't work at all
for some reason.

Looking around I could not find any EVIOCSABS user. The EVIOCSABS ioctl() as
been in the kernel since pre-git times.

Am I missing something obvious here?

FWIW, the touchscreen driver is edt-ft5x06.c, that works nicely except from
the calibration. Both X and Y are reported x2 at the X11 level.

Thanks,
baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -