Re: About to unsubcribe

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Nov 2008, Michael Schuster wrote:
>
>>> This mailing list has become a conduit for unfiltered spam. There is
>>> minimal to no topical activity, and there don't appear to be any
>>> administrative controls to keep out spam. Is anyone listening?
>
>> Yup. ;)
>
> Even on-topic messages like this one have advertising messages appended to
> them, outrageous considering what Sourceforge was supposed to be about.

It's a bit sloppy to say the least...

>> I'm still here, even using trn, though it is getting more and more
>> unstable as time goes by. Using 'valgrind' I also notice trn is quite
>> sloppy with (de-)allocating it's memory...
>
>> Anyway, anyone still here who is actively maintaining trn?
>
> As the last test release was more than 7 years ago...

Yeah, I know, nothing much has happened. I badly hacked the sources a few
times since that release to get it working (again/faster/better). It's too
bad there's no real alternative; I've tried slrn, but that's also not it.

Are there any people on this list who found a 'worthy' alternative to trn?

Regards, Patrick.