Re: Strange trn behavior

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Larry W. Virden wrote:

Thanks - that tip was just what I needed! I checked my newsrc file and sure enough, the group that I was having problems with, and one other group I seldom read, had a 0 in the first range.

I'm happy it worked. Pressing 't' in the overview with the '='s and '*'s switches between threaded/unthreaded BTW.

Wonderful - i still find trn to be the best software to use for reading usenet...

It's indeed amazing; none of the graphical applications running under Windoze come even close, and even some experimenting with text-only alternatives which look to be a bit more maintained than trn (tin and slrn are the most recent), I disliked enough to keep sticking to trn...

Regards,

Patrick.