Re: Why are we still using trn?

In article <20030123205720.GA1492@lapdance.gunslinger.net>,
Jeremy Nixon  <jeremy@exit109.com> wrote:
>The problem with trn is that the code is so antiquated and ugly that it's
>not easy to hack things into.  It's missing a lot of stuff I'd like to

It's actually used as the example for Spencer's and Collyer's paper
"#ifdefs Considered Harmful".  I think that says quite a bit there.

Fortunately, most programmers learn and get better.  Sometimes their early
mistakes stay around for a LONG time, though.

Whether perl is an improvement is a matter of debate.  ;->

mrc

--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/