Re: [SOLVED] Re: Re: Abandoning KMAIL

On Sunday 23 June 2024 19:38:22 CHRIS M via tde-users wrote:
> On Sunday 23 June 2024 02:41:31 pm Thierry de Coulon via tde-users wrote:
> > . Long time a go I tried Q4OS but didm't
> > keep it because the devs seem to have changed a lot of basic settings (in
> > TDE at least) so I spent a lot of time putting things back into place.
>
> Like what?
>
> Dang.. If I had of known, I would of installed regular Deb base, and then
> TDE. I like that Q4OS offers the old 2000 theme, like i've shared before,
> vs the Default KDE 3.x theme.

Same thing happened to me with Q4OS. It looks really good, and I wanted to
like it, but I had to spend too much time trying to undo the changes it made
to my system. The 'buntus, likewise, started doing more things that I didn't
like (such as calling home a lot), then I ended up switching to Debian, then
at last Devuan.

At last I am content to stay here for awhile; although if I had enough space
for more machines, then I would probably start building my own again (out of
salvaged parts and old boxes), and would explore other systems.

Regarding your email: My Kmail does that, too, from time to time; but, at
least in my own case, I believe it has more to do with the external network
(here in the building) or ISP. My connection goes from stable (with 1-2 mbsp
over Tor) to unstable (which disconnections every few minutes, and top speeds
of maybe 20 kbps). Usually when it gets held in the outbox, I look to blame
my external network or ISP.

In any case, it is the same behavior, pretty much exactly as your describe,
where I send an email, then it gets stuck in the outbox until I use SEND VIA
my email provider.

If there is some other possible cause for this behavior, I would like to know,
too; but my hunch is that it's the connection itself.

Bill