Re: WAS: EVO to KMAIL ( Now EMAIL in general )

On Tuesday 21 May 2024 09:48:56 Chris M via tde-users wrote:
> Also on the whole topic of Email and Email clients:
>
> I've noticed that I can't join the list with my YAHOO account.
>
> It seems like since YAHOO bought AOL or AOL bought YAHOO ( whatever)
>
> that its almost impossible to join any mail lists. That's why I am having
> to use GH*LL.
>
> Whats a good service that has POP3 , allows mail lists, and doesn't get you
> set to EVERYONE'S spam folder.
>
> Preferably, free of course or low cost.
>
> Fastmail is expensive at $60.00 USD a year. I'm giving up my domain, due to
> cost reasons, I only paid for it for one more year, so I'll have the time
> to make sure everything, i've ever signed up for in the last 8 years ( I've
> had it since 2016) gets moved off the domain to whatever free mail that I
> sign up for.

>-------------------------- Thanks,
> Chris

Among free email services that are available, I always recommend Zoho mail. I
won't say that they aren't as bad as the big guys, but so far I haven't
noticed many problems in my day-to-day use, and I've been using it now for
over five years.

There were a few bumps at the start, but support was helpful, and after some
fiddling round to get it like I wanted, it has been smooth ever since. I only
log into their webmaill page maybe once or twice a year, at most, usually
just to look around and see if there have been any major changes.

There was another person, however, somebody on the list who was looking for an
alternative to Gmail, and I recommended Zoho, then we haven't heard from her
since. But maybe she changed her user name, ID, whatever, so that now she is
somebody different on the list. (I have left her anonymous, just in case she
prefers it like that.)

Bill