Speaking of flatpak

Something about flatpak seems a little hinky to me -- Ubuntu is getting too heavily into data collection lately, and flatpak seems part of it, though I haven't researched it fully; too much to do and Ubuntu avoidance is easy.

Best I can tell, appimage is a little more pristine, at least for now. Which is fortunate -- just found and installed the appimage for IPTVnator, which is likeHypnotix but written in electron. Appimage was a good way to try it out. When I liked it I d/led the .deb which, mirabile dictu, installed uneventfully (so I can now watch Iran TV about the helicopter crash there that seems to have killed high government officials there today; I need a Farsi mental appimage to understand it, though).

Here, if it's of interest to anyone: https://github.com/4gray/iptvnator/releases

To populate it: https://iptv-org.github.io/iptv/index.m3u

Of course if you get an appimage you need to set it as executable in its properties before you can run it.

As I said, it seems ceteris paribus better than flatpak, though I could be wrong.

dep
Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://ofb.biz/author/dep/