Re: TDE's Backstory and purpose

On Sunday 19 May 2024 17.17:17 Massi aka Ergosum wrote:

> When I say "support" I mean desktop integration like portal,
> permissions and so on.
> It is good on modern KDE.
>
> M.

Not sure to understand. I use Flatpaks on MX-Linux using the installation tool
provided by MX (written for XFCE I'd think), but the MX-Tools work also from
TDE, although for them, as for other programs (GParted, Synaptics, GDebi come
to my mind) I had to edit the menus and ad "tdesu" at the start of the
command line to get them to work).

I sometime also have to create my own .desktop files if the programs don't
automagicaly appear in the menus - I don't use the menus much, what I use
lives in kicker.

So I do get desktop integration, but with some handwork...