Re: EVO to KMAIL

On Sunday 19 May 2024 17.07:49 Chris M via tde-users wrote:

> AH HA! I figured it out. I had to install TDEKMAILCVT.
>
> For some reason that package was not installed.
>
> I am now able to use KMAIL.

Good! :)

> My Final question is, where does KMAIL store email? And how do I back it
> up.

The mails are stored in .trinity/share/apps/kmail/mail

I have moved the kmail directory to another partition (it grows, and I like to
keep my Home relatively small).

I don't know of a build-in backup, I simply compact the mail directory from
time to time and save the archive, then delete "older" mails I don't expect
to need. If I do need some old thing, I copy the current "mail" somewhere,
restore the oder version, find my message, delete the "new" mail and restore
the old one. Works for me.

kmail then sometime complan about the indexes and recreates them, but I
haven't got problems with this.