Re: kate question ... results of experiment #2

On Wednesday 15 May 2024 00:58:20 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 May 2024 23:38:09 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:

There is yet another trick I just got. Save session, then it will open up
exactly as you left it. There remains the problem of naming, because you can
set kate to load your last saved session:
Settings > Configure Kate > Sessions
but if you start with a plain saved session, then it seems that all your
subsequent sessions ought to keep the same appearance.

I tested it, and kate opens saved sessions that look exactly like that last
screenshot I sent.

Unless you want to go into those window settings that I mentioned before, I
think this is about as close as you can get.

Bill