Re: TDE R14.1.2 released, new target started… [OT] RESOLVED!

On Monday 06 May 2024 20:03:47 J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:

> 	I received a response from admin@floss.social quite quickly:
> > We have received and reviewed your request to prevent suspension of your
> > account due to inactivity. Your request has been granted and your account
> > has been restored. Please be sure to log in and use your account
> > regularly. You may wish to review the Inactive Account Policy at
> > https://floss.social/terms for further information.
>
> so apparently it was due to inactivity.  (Why couldn't the page say so, and
> provide the email address?)
>
> 	And now I can see @tde.floss.social, so all is well.
>
> Leslie

Well, I believe now that I will probably never use Mastodon or anything like
it, if I must log in regularly and use my account regularly.

I don't go anywhere that attendance is required.

On this one, I'm with Felix. I seem to recall that some jabber/xmpp and IRC
clients have plugins to connect with Mastodon, so that might be a
possibility, but then I would still have to log in and use my account
regularly.

There are some jabber accounts that I often go for years and years without
ever using. I try to remember to start them up once in a blue moon or so,
just to keep them active, to see if I have got messages, but usually when
somebody wants to communicate over jabber, I have some advance notice, and
know to keep checking for messages. Otherwise, there's no reason.

In this case, there is a requirement to participate regularly.

Has anybody ever heard of books? Very low-tech, and if you find the right
books, you are guaranteed endless hours of enjoyment and relaxation, no
distractions from machines and phones and devices. Also, books are much
easier to use.

Bill

Bill