Re: kmail templates - feature requests

On Sunday 05 May 2024 00:33:39 J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:

> > > 	OTOH, the Templates tab of the Folder => Properties dialog is useful
> > > for overriding the default top-posting format, by enabling "Use custom
> > > message templates" to rearrange the fields in the "Reply to All / Reply
> > > to List" entry, and highlighting a message and using the Reply => Reply
> > > to Mailing List toolbar button or the (unshifted) L hotkey.  Using the
> > > built-in templates, though, doesn't provide a way to fill in the header
> > > fields like Bill's method does.
> > >
> > > Leslie
> >
> > It would be nice if these two could be combined; that one could open one
> > of the built-in templates, change the address fields and whatever, then
> > save as a custom template.
> >
> > I don't know if it's possible. I'll leave that to others to try.
> > Otherwise, maybe it ought to be a feature request?
> >
> > Bill
>
> 	Yes, I think so.  I'll see about adding the request.  There are some other
> things about templates that I've noticed aren't working properly; I think
> I'll include them as well.
>
> Leslie
> --
> %INCLUDE="/usr/local/etc/SystemID/SystemID-Desktop.txt"

It occurred to me that a feature request for Kmail to "reply to sender using
custom template" might be good. The reason is that, like probably most of us,
when I click to hit reply, my "Reply to" address always, invariably, gives my
the other fields properly filled in, when I hit reply (even if, on both ends,
sender and receiver are using that template, I still end up sending out my
personal email as "Reply to"; so that when the person on the other end
replies, then I get two emails, one sent to the mailing list, the other sent
to my own email.

This snag rather defeats the idea of using templates, and even more messes up
the whole concept of a common mailing list address that we all share.

So I am forking off this thread specially for kmail templates & feature
requests. There are one or two other minor tweaks that I have in mind. This
seemed like the right time to bring it up.

Bill