Re: tde-14.1.2 and gnome3 on debian/12.5/bookworm - package conflicts

Nick, thanks for your information.  On 1.  I agree that the packages are meta-packages, but if I try to install them, it will ask to remove several gnome packages.  So, it is good to know I don't need them.  Thanks.  On 2.  They are not excess, but they are not needed. OK   On 3.  I agree.  But , due to my inexperience in running both tde and gnome simultaneously, I wanted to make sure that I did not get too far down the path if someone like yourself on here who might have done this before could give me any good advice. For example, after implementing Martin Hodges suggested fix below, I felt comfortable enough to have two sessions open at once.  I went from tde to gnome, all worked.  Then logged off gnome, and got sent right back to the tde session. However, not all of the apps that were running on tde before were there.  In fact, my qterminal did not accept keystrokes, but the mouse did.  Later I realized that all keystrokes did not work.  So, I logged off the tde session !
 and went back to tdm.  All sessions now closed, I opened up a new tde session as usual, and everything seems fine.  This is not a major deal, but from experiences years ago, sometimes entire  system can get messed up and have to go through a lot of effort to bring it back to normal.  I feel comfortable with this new setup now, and glad you and others helped me out here.