Re: TDE + KDE5

I have been a Tumbleweed user for a long time, it is by far the most "stable" rolling distro I have ever used. The main benefit that comes to mind is that even *if* an update went wrong, Zypper already used Snapper to make a BTRFS snapshot to roll back to. A broken update is a simple 1 minute rollback.

Having all my favorite software up to date on my nice stable TDE desktop.... i couldnt ask for a better experience.

All I do is install TW with the "Basic Desktop" pattern, and then use XTerm to install TDE with the urls pulled up in Firefox. I always like to have IceWM as a backup anyways. This makes for a nice minimum install. Oh and before I forget you need to install Pipewire still unless youre an ALSA purist lol

I have also looked at Slowroll (1 major update aprox every 3 months), but Tumbleweed hasnt really let me down. I always come back.

I do have debian systems for specific purposes, but TW is where all my actual work happens on a Dell Latitude.