Re: Cannot install TDE on PCLinuxOS live CD

I did email earlier of the issue. There is also another way of installing by adding trinity to the sections section of synaptic as textstar added the repo

use the nluug server if that's possible

Alie

On Sunday, 31 December 2023 at 09:38:00 GMT, François Andriot via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le 22/12/2023 à 11:12, Michele Calgaro via tde-users a écrit :
> Hi Francois,
> a user on the mastodon channel was trying to install TDE on PCLinuxOS
> following the instructions on the TDE site
> (https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/PCLinuxOS_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Instructions).
>
> Step 2 fails complaining that the pkglist file can not be fecthed, but
> it is indeed reachable from a web browser. (Failed to fetch
> http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/pclinuxos/trinity-r14/RPMS/base/pkglist.x86_64
> 404 Not Found)
>
> I did a quick test in a VM and I can replicate the issue.
> Maybe something is wrong with the contents of the file? Are you able
> to take a look?
> Thanks and Merry Christmas.
> Cheers
>   Michele

Hello,
Finally, I found this was not a curl issue, but the repository metadata
were incomplete.
This happened because of a syntax change in 'genbasedir' command.
I've updated the metadata with correct command and now it looks like it
is working.

Regards
François