Re: Cannot install TDE on PCLinuxOS live CD

Le 22/12/2023 à 11:12, Michele Calgaro via tde-users a écrit :
Hi Francois,
a user on the mastodon channel was trying to install TDE on PCLinuxOS following the instructions on the TDE site (https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/PCLinuxOS_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Instructions).

Step 2 fails complaining that the pkglist file can not be fecthed, but it is indeed reachable from a web browser. (Failed to fetch http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/pclinuxos/trinity-r14/RPMS/base/pkglist.x86_64 404 Not Found)

I did a quick test in a VM and I can replicate the issue.
Maybe something is wrong with the contents of the file? Are you able to take a look?
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Cheers
  Michele

Hello,
Finally, I found this was not a curl issue, but the repository metadata were incomplete.
This happened because of a syntax change in 'genbasedir' command.
I've updated the metadata with correct command and now it looks like it is working.

Regards
François