how to restart dcop launcher ?

Just wondering if there is a way to do this, such as:
sudo /etc/init.d/<dcop or whatever> restart

I don't know what caused this issue; maybe it was because I had left my laptop
running without rebooting for a very long time?

Everything else seems to be running as I want (fingers crossed), so I have
just been able to relax a bit and let the machine go, as I have got it
properly trained, and it never disobeys me.

So this was a surprise. What happened, first, is that I could not check email,
even after I had just sent an email a few minutes earlier. Then when I tried
to open a new window in konqueror, I got the same message about dcop
launcher.

When I rebooted at last, everything seems back to normal, but I wonder if this
is not a sign of other problems that I need to address.

It seems that restarting dcop would do the trick, but I know very little about
this part of how these things actually work.

Any recommendations or insights are welcome. Nothing urgent, I think, but I
would still like better to understand what's going on.

Bill