Re: New MX-Linux with TDE ISO

On 2023-11-24 04:08:57 you wrote:
> J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:
> > I'm afraid you didn't read my post properly.  I said 'importation of
> > HTML...'.
>
> I think I understood correctly. I just wonder, why one would want to do
> that?
	Because I have a lot of text formatted using HTML5/CSS3, but some people who
I correspond with prefer to view it as *.docx.

> Also as mentioned the problem is in the modern HTML and the lack of engine
> able to parse it (except the few well known).
>
> I bet if you save a page in HTML2 all will work just fine.
	Maybe, but all of the styling will be ruined.

> About HTML4 I
> don't know. HTML5 you can forget. I don't know what LibreOffice uses. I
> know QT5 and QT6 or the KDE5 stack on top did something meaningful, but
> don't know any details, what engine they used.
	LibreOffice (and OpenOffice (which, despite the rumour that it is obsolete,
is still supported by Apache and apparently heavily used)) support only a
small subset of HTML2.

Leslie
--
Platform: Linux