Re: New MX-Linux with TDE ISO

On Wednesday 22 November 2023 12:29:09 jacobheinrich--- via tde-users wrote:

> It kinda boils down to... if you ask someone what the office suite to use
> is. They might very well suggest OOffice because for a long time it was the
> BEST, but for alot of new users what they probably want is LibreOffice.
>
> On the flip side... as a TDE user I hear "Why not use plasma?" all the damn
> time, and my reasons are the same as yours for OOffice. It does what I
> want... start apps, play games on steam, and eyes in my kicker panel. (I
> started on Gnome 2 and KDE 3.5, if you took a screenshot now, its pretty
> much the same as back then, eyes and goldfish toys and everything lol)
>
> Lowkey, I have used plasma on and off, but I always come back to trinity,
> they only thing I liled about plasma better was how it handled Display
> Scaling

I think you hit the nail right on the head there. My using OpenOffice (instead
of LibreOffice) is much like my reasons for using TDE (instead of ...?).

It just works; it is almost infinitely configurable and adaptable to
individual needs and preferences. (Screenshots of our personal desktops are
so wildly different that an outsider would never guess that they are all
actually the same DE.) Sometimes older is better.

Not that I fear change, or that I don't like to try new things; but change,
just for the sake of change, is pointless. That is just wanking, doesn't
really do anything useful for anybody, except to justify that some developers
actually deserve to keep their jobs, and to keep getting paid those big
bucks.

If developers got paid according to what they really deserve, because they
actually serve their users, then things are totally upside-down. Slavek and
the others ought to be living in penthouses, driving Jaguars, living the high
life. TDE ought to be the best known DE out there.

The world is not fair. Somebody said that once, I forget who ...

Bill