Re: TDE does not open

Hello.

If it already happened that you ran out of disk space and using the du
-k /home | sort -n | tail -5 command you were able to determine that
the .xsession-errors file is the one that takes up more space, the
first step to fix the problem is to empty it completely:

$ >~/.xsession-errors

Once the space is freed, you will want this situation not to be
repeated again in the future. To achieve this it is best to try to
find the origin of the problem, ie, to know which process is writing
uncontrolled to the error log and why.

If you want to forget about this log because in normal operation you
are not interested in its debugging information, you can redirect to
/dev/null everything that is written to it and thus always keep a size
of 0 bytes. For this you can delete the .xsession-errors file and
create a symbolic link to /dev/null instead in order to get the same
result:

$ rm .xsession-errors
$ ln -s /dev/null .xsession-errors

The problem is that when you restart the session the symbolic link
will be replaced back by a regular file and will start to grow again.
To avoid this you must add the following lines to the .bashrc in your
home directory:

# If the .xsession-errors file is not a symbolic link, delete it and
create it as such
if [ ! -h $HOME/.xsession-errors ]; then
/bin/rm $HOME/.xsession-errors
ln -s /dev/null $HOME/.xsession-errors
fi