Re: Project Roadmap? Wayland Support?

It is my understanding that major distributions are planning on switching, as they are already making the default session Wayland for the major DEs. I also have heard on one of the podcasts I listen to that Gnome is planning on ditching X entirely and making it a compile option.

The main concern for me is that the M series GPU drivers developed by the Asahi team are developed for Wayland first, and bugs are expected using X. It makes you wonder if other driver makers are going to develop with a Wayland first mindset.