Re: Project Roadmap? Wayland Support?

OTOH, there are things X provides that Wayland design prohibits ever providing.

Is it my understanding that Wayland does not allow remote rendering? Does this mean that `ssh -X` would no longer be able to open a remote window, not even a `xterm` session? I thought this was the core funcionality of any UNIX-like system. Wasn't this one of the reasons why UNIX was created in the frist place? Have a terminal that connects to a central server? There is something like XWayland that should resolve this, maybe? Are major distributions like openSUSE going to switch to Wayland or XWayland?

Gianluca