Re: ImageMagick import freezes keyboard I/O in opensuse 15.4

On Friday 27 October 2023 16:00:14 Gianluca Interlandi via tde-users wrote:
> Dear TDE users list,
>
> This is a problem probably outside of TDE. I often use ImageMagick import
> to take a snapshot of part of my screen, such as a particular image. With
> able to enter something like:
>
> import test.ppm
>
> and then either use for example Ctrl+F4 or Alt+Tab to switch to a
> different desktop or window. However, with openSUSE 15.4 (tested with TDE
> and LXDE) after entering the command for import the keyboard freezes and I
> cannot switch desktop or window, neither I can exit import by pressing
> Ctrl+C. The mouse still works and I can still take a screenshot of
> whatever is on the screen. However, this makes it more combersome to take
> a screenshot. The interesting thing is that it seems like whatever I type
> on the keyboard is "queued" and executed once import exits (by drawing a
> rectangle with the mouse). So eventually it still switches but only after
> import is done.
>
> If anybody has encountered this same problem and has a possible solution,
> I would be glad to hear.
>
> Thanks,
>
>       Gianluca

This doesn't specifically address your issue, but maybe there is a TDE
solution for this non-TDE problem.

Have you ever tried ksnapshot? I use it all the time, and it is highly
configurable. You can take a snapshot of the whole screen, or just a section,
and it has other similar features.

Bill