Re: half-baked devuan installation - please help

Hi Bill!

Anno domini 2023 Thu, 12 Oct 23:02:41 -0700
 William Morder via tde-users scripsit:
> I have finally got round to attempting to install the current stable version
> of Devuan Daedalus. I had tried a testing version, which wasn't working so
> well, then I installed Devuan Chimaera again (which is old stable), then just
> upgraded to Daedalus by changing my sources.list.
>
> But now I have run into a snag which I've only encountered a couple times
> before, don't have a clue how to get past this. It seems to be something to
> do with a low graphics installation, maybe?

Can you post some more details please:
- you can get into bios?
- GRUB starts with readable text?
- kernel boots with readable text?
- kernel drm starts and text gets garbage?
- X11 starts and screen is garbage?

- Did it work before you swaped the ssd?
- Can you boot e.g. puppylinux (latest version)?

- Can you post the exact model number of your Ideapad?

Nik