Re: Laptop installation

Folks

Network issue solved - I needed tdenetwork-trinity.

I can now see and connect to my (hidden) network and another network that is presumably my neighbour's and I have installed and connected via the ethernet device. I've added myself to the netdev group.

How do I remove the netplan installation stuff? It contains my wifi password in plain text!! Do I just rm -rf the /etc/netplan directory or is there a package to remove properly?

Power issue - I have tdepowersave installed and am a member of the plugdev group.

The file /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.trinitydesktop.hardwarecontrol.conf is root:root mod 644 and I can read it. The battery symbol shows empty which must be wrong because the machine is permanently plugged in. It seems that Ubuntu is not reading the battery condition.

Oh bother - now I've lost my kicker!!  Time to restart tde.