Re: Laptop installation

On Sunday 24 September 2023 11.00:58 John Logsdon via tde-users wrote:
> Dear TDE list
>
> I have used tde for some time now, but mainly on desktops.  I
> standardise on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
(...)
> Now the issues:
>
> 1) I have no wifi or ethernet tools.
> 2) There is no suspend or other power options.
> 3) If I go to the power settings and try to change anything, the display
> on the laptop goes bananas

Hello,

I am no Ubuntu user, but I  wonder if your issues have anything to do with TDE
(and for that reason can be solved from TDE). Wifi, ethernet and Power
options depend on the system itself (Ubuntu here) I guess.

AFAIK for power option, check that tdepowersave is installed - but what it can
do probably depends on what Ubuntu can to with your laptop.

The network/wifi settings from TDE also have to interact with whatever your
Ubuntu system proposes. If Ubuntu can see no network, TDE won't either.

As I said, I don't use Ubuntu. You might download an image of MX-Linux (not
Ubuntu, but Debian based) and boot that - my experience is very good with MX,
with laptops in particular. If you have network and power options, then you
problem is Ubuntu, not TDE.

Thierry