how to correct this error? re libkgtk2.so

In the past couple weeks I upgraded my machine from Devuan Chimaera to
Daedalus, and it has been more of a headache than any previous upgrades. I
wonder if anybody else has had similar experiences. But that is another
story ...

Most of the issues I have managed to iron out. Things now work almost the same
as before, or better; but then again, not quite. In any case, I can manage,
but I do wish for less change in my life, or that those changes could be more
predictable.

Now I am getting this error when I use any kind of shell or terminal. All I
need to do is to enter anything at all, and hit return, and I get this error
message:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/trinity/lib/kgtk/libkgtk2.so' from LD_PRELOAD
cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

Mind you, everything still seems to work right enough, but this is not normal,
and I would like it to go away. Any help will be appreciated.

Bill