konqueror servicemenus

The konqueror servicemenus are used to provide a custom action when right-clicking a file on the desktop or in konqueror. In kde3 I would put the .desktop files I have in $HOME/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus and they just work. In trinity, the correct place for these files seems to be $HOME/.trinity/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus. However, putting anything in there does not give me the corresponding actions when right-clicking a file that matches the correct mime-type.

I also see a similar directory under /opt/trinity/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus with lots of preconfigured actions. One of them I get to see when I right-click on a text-file, which is "Edit as root". So the servicemenus mechanism seems to be working, just not for my own .desktop files... What am I missing here?

I'm using trinity 14.1.0 on a devuan 4 install without any other desktop environment.