Re: Persistent configuration of multihead screen

Hi Ran,

On Tue July 11 2023 05:00:00 Ran Talbott via tde-users wrote:
> I suspect that's the crucial difference; there was a change in 14.1.0 that
> saved the new configuration.

I setup my multi-monitor configuration years before R14.1.0 was a thing.
I don't know exactly when but certainly well before R14.0.12.

> I use the same tools for adjusting display settings. I'll look into a TDE
> upgrade. I'm definitely interested in changing this; I just decided to
> adjust the DPMS times on my main monitor, and the configuration tool
> (bleep)ed the color map. Now all kinds of stuff has become completely
> unreadable. Now I have to logout and login again, losing my place in some
> of the shells I have open for various projects. Grrr.
>
> would you look to see whether you have a .xinitrc or .xsession in your home
> diretory, please? There might be a saved monitor configuration hidden
> there.

I don't have a ~/.xinitrc and my ~/.xsessionrc is only used to set backlight
level.

There is some monitor layout information in xorg.conf that might have been
put there by nvidia-settings, so maybe that's what is doing it.

--Mike