Re: Fw: Education Direction

On Monday 03 July 2023 03:00:52 pm Alex Cornwell via tde-users wrote:
> Hello, all!
> I do not have any college education do to being... well... poor. Also, I
> would probably go more for a Theology or Philosophy degree if I was going
> to College, anyway. This would be more of hobby than a job for me and I
> wouldn't intend to make money. That being said, if there are other ways to
> get a grasp on the fundamentals of computer science and then go on to
> learn, say, Python as was recommended, I am open to spending a chunk of
> change for something like this.

Hi Alex,

If money is an issue, then just do an online Python course.  That'll teach you
the basics and then you can do an online C++ course after that.  You should
be able to find both for free.

Not that I've watched it, but this seems reasonable based on the sub-section
titles:

Python Tutorials for Absolute Beginners
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBZBJbE_rGRWeh5mIBhD-hhDwSEDxogDg

HTH,