Re: Fw: Education Direction

On Fri June 30 2023 16:37:26 Alex Cornwell via tde-users wrote:
> Hi, all! I love TDE and want to see it thrive for ages
> to come. Problem is I don't know where to start online education wise. I
> know I can use places like Linux Foundation and Udemy but what classes does
> one take? Should I try learning C++? Learn what TQt actually is and does? I
> just haven't a clue where to start. Thank you for any help you guys can
> provide.

Hi Alex,

TDE is mostly written in C++ so you would indeed need to know C++ if you
wished to fix bugs or add new features.

But first of all do you have a good grounding in computer science?

It's fairly easy to learn a new computer language but understanding the
science behind it all is difficult without a few years of college study.

--Mike