Re: Safe to remove program icons on Trinity Desktop without removing the apps themselves?

On Thursday 22 June 2023 10:52:28 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:
> Anno domini 2023 Thu, 22 Jun 12:37:11 -0500
>
>  J Leslie Turriff via tde-users scripsit:
> > On 2023-06-21 19:14:31 jim_gunn--- via tde-users wrote:
> > > I'm brand new to Linux and just installed the Trinity desktop with Q4OS
> > > on a older pc.  One thing I am unclear about- are the shortcut icons on
> > > the Trinity desktop that came with my distro installation for example,
> > > LibreOffice or Thunderbird able to be deleted or removed from the
> > > desktop without removing the apps themselves just like on a Windows
> > > desktop where the icons are just shortcuts and can be deleted safely
> > > without removing the apps themselves?

> > 	Another option, if like me, you never use desktop icons, is to go to
> > Desktop => Behavior and uncheck the Show icons on desktop box, which will
> > hide them all.
>
> ... which actually is the only way to enjoy desktop applications like xsnow
> :)

+1
I also belong to this tribe, no icons on the desktop for me.

There are better ways to do things in Linux than to click on an icon. There
are also better uses for a desktop than just to keep it all cluttered up with
icons; for example, photos, artwork, maps, etc.

The screenshots page shows examples of how wildly different our desktops can
be made to look, yet they are all TDE.

You can make your Trinity desktop do almost anything you want, if it is within
the capabilities of your hardware, and you have enough technical knowledge to
find a way to do it.

Bill