Re: Safe to remove program icons on Trinity Desktop without removing the apps themselves?

On Wed June 21 2023 17:14:31 jim_gunn--- via tde-users wrote:
> I'm brand new to Linux and just installed the Trinity desktop with Q4OS on
> a older pc.  One thing I am unclear about- are the shortcut icons on the
> Trinity desktop that came with my distro installation for example,
> LibreOffice or Thunderbird able to be deleted or removed from the desktop
> without removing the apps themselves just like on a Windows desktop where
> the icons are just shortcuts and can be deleted safely without removing the
> apps themselves?

Hi Jim,

Welcome to Linux and Trinity Desktop Environment.

Desktop icons can be safely removed.  They are simple files in the
~/Desktop directory (folder).

I rarely click on desktop icons as they are often hidden and everything
I need I have edited into my T-menu.

--Mike