Re: How to enable web browsing in Konqueror?

On Monday 12 June 2023 02:59:34 ajh-valmer via tde-users wrote:
> On Monday 12 June 2023 01:14:14 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > > Before,Trinity Konqueror was a correct web navigator, very light.
> > > Now, when I fill a formular, I receive this message in a window :
> > > "Sorry Konqueror
> > > TDEInit cannot launch opt/bin/firefox/firefox-bin
> > > If I use Konqueror as root, it works, and not this message above.
> >
> > Again, this is a bad idea, to use konqueror as root, especially in
> > connection with web browsing.
>
> The problem is not to use konqueror as navigator or files manager,
> but why I receive this message when I click on "send" in a form :
> "TDEInit cannot launch opt/bin/firefox/firefox-bin"
> Why konqueror attempts to launch firefox ?
>
> Before, I did not receive this message.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andr�Sorry if I misunderstood earlier.

From what you describe, it sounds like you have made firefox your default web
browser, so konqueror is passing this on to firefox. However, I don't recall
firefox's bin files being in /opt/, but rather in /usr/lib/firefox-esr/
with a symlink to /usr/bin/.

This does not look right to me, but rather it is as if konqueror expects
firefox to be in opt because Trinity itself is now in opt. In the old days
before TDE, KDE's version of konqueror would do this sometimes, that is, to
look for a program to open for a web page or to play media. Back then, KDE
was not installed in opt, so this may a sort of relic.

In any case, I believe that you can change this in TDE's version of konqueror
by looking in Settings / Configure Konqueror / File Associations.

Bill