Re: How to enable web browsing in Konqueror?

> Before,Trinity Konqueror was a correct web navigator, very light.
>
> Now, when I fill a formular, I receive this message in a window :
> "Sorry Konqueror
> TDEInit cannot launch �/opt/bin/firefox/firefox-bin�".
>
> If I use Konqueror as root, it works, and not this message above.
>
> Thanks, cheers,
>
> Andr�Again, this is a bad idea, to use konqueror as root, especially in connection
with web browsing.

I use konqueror strictly as a file manager, and nothing else. The only times I
will use konqueror as root is very briefly, as a file manager only, when I
must do something that requires root access, and it is simpler to do it
through a gui program than to try to figure out how to do it by command-line
in a terminal.

For example: I like to save my downloaded packages to an external hard drive.
(Sometimes I find myself without internet access, and need to install
packages, or even to do a complete system reinstallation; so having my
downloaded packages means I can get the machine up and running again without
internet access.) But after I have moved my packages to their new location, I
get out of root, and close the root version of konqueror. I don't leave it
open, waiting to see if something bad might happen; because, if you wait long
enough, with a root version of konqueror open, something bad will almost
certainly happen, sooner or later.

Others will have their different ways of doing things, and may not like how I
do things on my own system, but I feel pretty sure that most long-term users
will agree with me on this one.

Try to use root access only when absolutely necessary.

Bill