Re: How to enable web browsing in Konqueror?

On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 19:12:01 +0200
ajh-valmer via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Saturday 10 June 2023 19:54:43 E. Liddell via tde-users wrote:
> > On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:03:51 +0200
> > ajh-valmer via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > My objective is to use konqueror as web browsing,
>
> > You realize that this is Not A Good Idea, right?  Konqueror lacks a lot of
> > modern browser features, so a lot of more complex sites just won't work.
> > Plus, its security model is outdated.  It's okay for viewing static HTML
> > documents on localhost, but you should really be using something else
> > on the Web at large.
> > It takes an entire team larger than the group working on all of TDE at
> > the moment to keep pace with the convolutions of web standards.
>
> Before,Trinity Konqueror was a correct web navigator, very light.

Twenty years ago, when it had a good-sized team behind it and the
Web was a simpler place, yes.  Now?  It doesn't support HTML 5
or CSS 3 or the latest Javascript standards, making it unsuitable for
general use even if we assume there are no security holes.  Either
your browsing is very restricted, or you've been switching to
something else for the sites that don't work.

> Now, when I fill a formular, I receive this message in a window :
> "Sorry Konqueror
> TDEInit cannot launch «/opt/bin/firefox/firefox-bin»".
>
> If I use Konqueror as root, it works, and not this message above.

My guess is that Firefox has snatched the file type association for
whatever piece of code handles the form result.

E. Liddell