fonts changed in Kmail message body

Okay so this is another kinda weird one. I have been sitting on it for a
couple weeks, just to make sure it wasn't something stupid that I did myself,
or something that could be easily corrected, or whatever.

On the surface, it's just another one of those trivial annoyances that doesn't
matter much in the big scheme of things. But I think it's a bug, or some kind
of deeper issue. I have accordingly tried to include as much relevant
information as possible. Please feel free to trim in the responses.

When I upgraded my system, Kmail now will not display my chosen font for the
message body. I tend to prefer a bookish font myself, but they don't always
display. For web creation stuff, for example, its good to do a little
research on web-safe fonts, which are supposed to display on any page on any
machine, etc. But this is, again, my own machine, so if I can get it to work,
then it should not matter to anybody else; it's not like I am forcing others
to use desktop that looks exactly like mine.

Now, what's peculiar about this is that it only seems to affect the message
body of the emails that I have received (and may or may not be reading). As I
compose this email - the very words that you are reading at this moment - the
message body of my own draft looks right.*

[* Please see attachments for proof by screenshots. You will note that I
enclosed a couple older screenshots that I still had in that folder, plus a
couple more recent ones. The more recent ones show how my Kmail behaves
differently between the message body in the composer, where it uses my chosen
font, and the message display, where it seems to be forcing some version of
mono.]

I did switch round, try out some other fonts, bookish or not-so-much, but the
song remains the same: I still get stuck with a font that looks like some
version of mono.

Not that it's totally illegible, and probably wouldn't bother others, but I do
really hate reading ugly fonts. I'll keep digging, but so far, but I have
been digging now for a couple weeks, and nothing changes, no clues, no
progress.

Any help will be appreciated. Don't have the slightest inkling what caused it,
as I have been using Kmail like this since it was KDE3, back in the
antediluvian days of about 2006 or so. I *ever* haven't changed a thing
except the display font for Kmail; and last time I changed that was about
five years ago. Otherwise, things have worked pretty much the same since day
one, across multiple machines, users, operating systems, upgrades, and
everything else that has happened between then and now.

Bill

P.S.
For the record, I am running Devuan Chimaera 4.x (whatever is the current
upgrade version), kernel verion is 5.10.0-23-amd64, and my Trinity desktop is
given as R14.1.1~[DEVELOPMENT]. (I copied this from the display page for
Trinity Control Center.)

My current sources list; just the main and preliminary stable builds.
# Trinity - TDE
deb http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-r14.0.x chimaera
main
deb http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-builddeps-r14.0.x