Re: Folders with locale

On Monday 22 May 2023 07:02:27 ajh-valmer via tde-users wrote:

> There is a locales problems with accented characters
> of some languages as french...
>
> In english, you are lucky, no accented characters :-)
>
> Andr�
Also no gender. That drives me nuts, trying to remember gender for words that
would not seem to it the natural world.

Glad to see this seemed to have fixed your immediate problem with
unwanted "hieroglyphs"; I don't quite follow why this might still be an
issue, but I am curious to hear what the developers have to say on this one.

I have a strange issue myself with Kmail's presentation of text, which just
developed spontaneously after upgrading to the latest packages. It seems like
it ought not to be related, but something about it smells funny.

Bill