Re: trinity's version of "identify"

On Tuesday 09 May 2023 17:45:01 Jim via tde-users wrote:
> I recently compiled 14.1.0, and just like my 14.0.13 before it, the TDE
> "identify" program does not work on much of anything for me.
> For example, running it on a fairly innocuous JPEG, I get
>Cannot decode /home/zsd/cyclone-copper.jpg: Unsupported file format
>or not RAW file
> whereas the identify that comes with my distro's (Slackware64 15.0, fwiw)
> imagemagick says
> I'm trying to track down whether this is (a) a TDE problem,
> (b) a Slackware64 problem, or (c) a me problem.
> Would someone mind taking a minute to tell me if trinity's identify works
> correctly on your system (and what distro you are using)?

Slackware was my first distribution. I appreciated CentOS (clone free of
Redhat). Now Debian since a long time.
Excepted error,
Slackware is the most purist GNU/Linux distribution.
It's one of the few who is able to compile a new kernel
without difficulties.
But, the corollary is that Slackware sometimes doesn't
accept completely applications not purely GNU/Linux,
as fashion graphics, Gnome, TDE, KDE...