Re: Lock Session fails

On 2023/05/04 04:00 AM, Michael via tde-users wrote:
Hi All,

Most of the time Lock Session works.  But once it fails even manually running
the command:

dcop kdesktop KScreensaverIface lock

does nothing.  And then I have to logout and log back in for it to work again.

xsession-errors shows no errors.  Both

dcop kdesktop KScreensaverIface isEnabled
dcop kdesktop KScreensaverIface isBlanked

return 'true.'  If I understand it right they should both show false when the
session is not locked?

Anyone know how to use dcop to reset Lock Session so it works again?

hi Michael,
probably killing kdesktop and kdesktop_lock and relaunching them will put the state back to "not blanked".
Nevertheless the fact that the lock fails and isBlanked returns true, let me think that something goes wrong when the screensaver kicks in. Have you tried using a different screensaver and see if the same problem happen?

Cheers
  Michele