Re: Multiple DCOP sessions

On 2023-05-01 18:40:57 deloptes via tde-users wrote:
> J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:
> > Ah; so if I open a konsole sesssion for one account from a different
> > account I will get another DCOP session, even if the "remote" account is
> > not logged into Trinity?  How/why would dcopserver be started in an
> > account that is not logged in?
>
> In your home directory it is written only what was created by or for the
> user.
	What is written?
> I am not 100% sure, but the other user would have the same entry if
> he/she is logged on screen 0, which I'm not sure is possible.
> However the content of the file would be different.
> Looking into it it is pointing to a socket, so that the applications can
> talk to each other and it seems it uses ICE.
>
> What remote account do you mean BTW? I think you are misunderstanding dcop.
> AFAIK dcop is started by tdeinit to handle some interprocess communication,
> so it is available only to users running TDE components that require this
> kind of communication.
	That's what I thought, too, so where this extra session is coming from is a mystery to
me.

> I do not know your use case, but it seems exotic.
	The use case is e.g. opening a Root session in a user account's konsole, and a script run
by root wanting to get information about the konsole session.  It would need to issue
these DCOP commands:

| ~
| ● dcop --all-users --list-sessions
| Active sessions for user /home/leslie :
|   .DCOPserver_pinto__0
|   .DCOPserver_pinto__1
|
| @19:37:24,root@pinto rc=0
the following fails to return; it would cause a script to hang:
| ~
| | ● dcop --user leslie --session .DCOPserver_pinto__0 'konsole*'
|

| ^C
| @19:39:39,root@pinto rc=130
| ~
| ● dcop --user leslie --session .DCOPserver_pinto__1 'konsole*'
| konsole-26491
| konsole-26485
| @19:41:55,root@pinto rc=0
| ~
| ● dcop --user leslie --session .DCOPserver_pinto__1 konsole-26491
| KBookmarkManager-/home/leslie/.trinity/share/apps/konsole/bookmarks.xml
| KBookmarkNotifier
| MainApplication-Interface
| konsole (default)
| konsole-mainwindow#1
| session-1
| session-2
| session-3
| session-4
| tdesycoca
| @19:43:02,root@pinto rc=0
| ~
| ● dcop --user leslie --session .DCOPserver_pinto__1 konsole-26491 session-3 sessionName
| /opt
| @19:44:23,root@pinto rc=0
| ~
| ● cd /opt
| @19:46:23,root@pinto rc=0
| /opt
| ●
	So, how can I avoid having a script guess wrong about the session to query?

Leslie
--
Platform:		GNU/Linux
Hardware:		x86_64