Re: Multiple DCOP sessions

J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:

> Ah; so if I open a konsole sesssion for one account from a different
> account I will get another DCOP session, even if the "remote" account is
> not logged into Trinity?  How/why would dcopserver be started in an
> account that is not logged in?

In your home directory it is written only what was created by or for the
user. I am not 100% sure, but the other user would have the same entry if
he/she is logged on screen 0, which I'm not sure is possible.
However the content of the file would be different.
Looking into it it is pointing to a socket, so that the applications can
talk to each other and it seems it uses ICE.

What remote account do you mean BTW? I think you are misunderstanding dcop.
AFAIK dcop is started by tdeinit to handle some interprocess communication,
so it is available only to users running TDE components that require this
kind of communication.

I do not know your use case, but it seems exotic.