Re: Set resolution *before* login

On Monday 01 May 2023 04.40:04 Michael via tde-users wrote:
> Is it possible to configure the login screen software itself to display the
> resolution of itself that you want?
>
> IDK, just seems that you're trying to configure the wrong thing?

Well, basically what I want is to run the machinein full HD and not 4K, I'd
prefer to maintain the possibility to switch to 4K if useful.

I have tried to use tderandr  (if I am right that this is the name for the
utility living in my kicker). It does work to change the resolution, but when
I tried "configure display" and setting rules, I got terrible artifacts
(strange colours, unrfeadable screen) so I gave up.

As I guess tderandr uses xrandr, I decided to write a scipt that sets full HD.
This works, but for the moment I get it only to run *after* login, with the
effect that the loginb screen is quite tiny - but usable.

I think only tweaking the x.org settings would do that. I'll try what Felix
suggested.

Thierry