Re: how to suppress icons in systray ?

On Wednesday 19 April 2023 12:29:53 Nick Koretsky via tde-users wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 11:23:24 +0000

> > As I said at the start, these are not the icon for the application
> > itself, but rather a kind of ghost icons that have something to do with
> > docking in the systray. When I find another, I'll try to get a
> > screenshot, but I don't know if I can get a screenshot of the bit about
> > hiding or docking in the systray.
> >
> > I just want the icon for the app itself, if it has useful functions;
> > these ghost icons take up space and serve no function or purpose, at
> > least not for myself.
>
> You are not talking about taskbar by chance? Depending on settings, it
> could be icons only, or icons of minimized windows only, and if you put it
> right next to systray, it may appear as be on systray...

My systray is on the right. You can see that there are two icons for smplayer,
almost identical. One actually holds useful functions for smplayer, but the
other, the so-called ghost icon, when I click it, just offers option for
hide, undock and quit, none of which are useful to me.

See attachment.

And by the way, I did try to get a shot of just a small section of screen,
that corner with the systray and clock, but ksnapshot doesn't want to do that
for me just now.

Bill