Re: how to suppress icons in systray ?

On Tuesday 18 April 2023 14:24:35 Thierry de Coulon via tde-users wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 April 2023 21.25:28 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > So here's another issue that suddenly reappears: Whenever I open some
> > programs, an icon automatically pops up in the systray. I can kill these,
> > of course, by running pkill ksystraycmd, but after I do this a few times
> > within, say ten minutes, I get tired of it.
>
> (...)
>
> > I did check TCC under these programs, and this isn't the same thing,
> > where you see a box to tick off for "Place in system tray"; these ghost
> > icons are something else.
> >
> > Any help or suggestions are welcome.
> >
> > Bill
>
> Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but did you right-click on
> the "system tray handle " (the control bar to the left of the system tray)
> and use "Configure system tray".
>
> I "hide" the icons I don't use and keep only those I find useful.
>
> Thierry

Do you mean the right and left panel hiding buttons? First I must click to
unlock the panel, then when I configure the panel itself, there are various
options about panel hiding, etc. But I don't want my panel itself to hide,
just the excess of ghost icons.

Also, if I leave the panel hiding buttons where I can (accidentally) click
them, or if I leave them panel itself unlocked, I tend to mess up somehow,
and suddenly my panel goes all askew, usually getting put to one side or the
other of the screen, as a vertical panel, and for me that is much worse, and
then I spend a while trying to put things back right.

I did search through the Trinity Control Center, and also the TDE menu editor,
trying to find settings for this behavior, but so far nothing.

Bill