Re: Control Center / superuser - problem in 14.1.0

On Sat April 1 2023 21:02:43 Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:
> > There's a thread here about a mysterious tdehwdevicetray > process which
> > has been appearing in my systray.
>
> tdehwdevicetray is a new systray application and is part of R14.1.0.
> It helps to provide quick access to storage disks and operations, but you
> can choose not to use it (see other email I sent a short while ago)
>
>  > Same happens with Trinity Control Center / System Administration
>  > / Monitor and Display.
>
> Seems to work fine here, I get the red-framed admin page after I put the
> root password.

If I enter a wrong password there is a short delay and then it tells
me the password is wrong.

If I enter the correct password the password box disappears immediately
but I don't get the admin page.

I'll see if I can find any more clues before filing a bug.

> > While investigating this I tried to go into Trinity Control
> > Center / Peripherals / Device Manager.  I enter the root
> > password but I don't get a Device Manager.
>
> Where did you enter the root password in Trinity Control Center /
> Peripherals / Device Manager? It seems it can be browsed without being
> root.

Immediately upon selecting Trinity Control Center / Peripherals /
Device Manager it prompts me as shown attached for root password.
Behavior is then as described above for Monitor and Display.

FWIW I have "Screen Size and Rotate" in my systray.  I can open
that and can get into administrator mode from there.  Looks like the
problem is with kcontrol.  (4:14.1.0~s1036-0debian11.0.0+25 amd64)

FWIW unprivileged Trinity Control Center / Appearance and Themes /
Background works fine but privileged Trinity Control Center / System
Administration / Date & Time misbehaves as described above.

All I get in .xsession-errors is:

[2023/04/01 21:43:46.933] X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  19
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x5e0000b

--Mike