Re: Keyring madness

On Wednesday 29 March 2023 23:18:46 deloptes via tde-users wrote:
> dep via tde-users wrote:
> > yeppers, nuking gnome-keyring seems to have killed *that* popup. now, to
> > be rid of trinity-keyring. is it safe to similarly dispatch it?
>
> you can enable disable the tdewallet in the control center. If you don't
> use it, you will be asked for passwords all the time. If you use it, you
> will be asked once and it will handle the system requests to provide
> passwords to TDE apps.

Now you have got my curiosity. I was aware that tdewallet managed passwords
for Kmail (as well as Kshowmail), and that it protected those apps against
unwanted changes; but I have yet to discover what other TDE apps it
controls - or, maybe, what other apps that it can be used to control.

Please tell us!

Bill