Re: TDE mailing list - email addresses

> I am considering buying a server; not merely for my personal email (as that
> would be overkill), but also maybe to run my own online radio station, as
> leasing server space has proved to be not viable for my needs at present.
> But I must do some more thinking before I take a step like that. I already
> started down this path a few months ago, and found that available servers
> were inadequate, as they are all changing over to SSDs, and as a result
> their available space is shrinking.

I have been setting up new mail servers at infrequent intervals for
the last thirty years.

Technically it got easier - moving from horrific rewrite rules in
sendmail to simple configuration files in qmail and postfix - and
then it got more complex as we needed to configure rDNS, SPF, DKIM,
DMARC, and more rigorous and earlier spam+malware filtering.  But
all of this is do-able.

The problem in recent years is that the google+microsoft oligopoly
bureaucrats have made it infinitely harder for new email server IP
addresses to be accepted on their servers.  If you haven't been
sending emails for the last ten years they would rather ignore you.

> If there are several email addresses in my headers (thus harder to filter),
> they are all only really my personal email address & the TDE mailing list
> (users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). And I bcc a copy to myself, just to make sure
> it's going through, but I suppose I could give up that luxury if it would
> be better for filtering on the mailing list.

The bcc is not a problem.  It does not appear in the copy of the email
sent to the list.