Re: Keyring madness - tdewallet/kdewallet

On Wednesday 29 March 2023 15:34:38 dep via tde-users wrote:

> the other, genuine TDE, that pops up when I start KMail. It, too,
> wants my user password but not my mail password. After entering these, all
> proceeds as hoped.
>
> I'd like to make them go away. I have searched the machine for any kind og
> keyring configuration file for either of these things, and have come up
> empty. The TDE Wallet Service version says "The application 'kmail' had
> requested to open the wallet 'kdewallet.' Please enter the password for
> this wallet below."

P.S. didn't catch this on the first read, not until I had just sent.

This is a different password, should NOT be your user password. This is the
password for the wallet, to protect your email. Any changes you try to make
in Kmail, you will be asked for the tdewallet password.

Bill